While in years past, many of us would enjoy parties and gatherings at friends’ and loved ones’ homes and backyards during the summer months, but this year looks a little different. Gatherings may just be with whoever lives in your home, or social distancing across driveways with neighbors. Just because COVID-19 ruined people’s summer plans doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy good food and drinks.
The Aksarben Insurance team has compiled a list of their favorite recipes to share with you!
Erika, our insurance advisor, shared with us her favorite drink that is perfect for the summer – cantaritos. This is a typical Mexican drink that combines tequila with orange, grapefruit, and lime juice, and topped off with sparkling grapefruit soda. Traditionally served in clay pots, cantaritos can also be served in a Collins glass. If you’re in the Omaha area, Erika says the ones served at Isla Del Mar in South Omaha are the best!
Maggie, who works in Operations, shared her easy and delicious salsa recipe:
- 4 tomatoes
- 7 Serrano peppers
- Boil them until soft
- Put the tomatoes, serrano peppers, a dash of salt and pepper, one small garlic clove and blend in a blender.
- Pour in a bowl and serve with tortilla chips!
If you’re more of a guacamole lover, don’t worry, JR has got you covered! Here is his super tasty guac recipe:
- 4 medium ripe avocados, diced
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- Minced cilantro, to taste
- Finely diced red onion, to taste
- Finely minced jalapeno (about ½ of one)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon of chili flakes
- The juice from 1 large lime
- Mix together thoroughly, serve, and enjoy with your favorite tortilla chips!
I don’t know about you, but I’m ready to try all these recipes RIGHT NOW! And I never said you had to share!
Learn more about our stand-out Aksarben Insurance team.